Friday, January 19, 2018

Saturday, January 20th, 2018


Hello my rare blog readers! 😊


My Psychiatrist had me have a test done, called "Gene-Sight" which shows which medications interact badly with my genes & body, and I also found I have the MTHFR homogeneous gene mutation which means both my mother and father had at least a heterogeneous MTHFR gene. I asked a doctor to test me for this about a year and a half ago because my research brought me to this, and they said it's rare, and most of their patients that ask, are negative anyway. 

And here we are... I have the MTHFR gene. My instincts and research are deeply accurate. It explains almost everything I've been battling to figure out for years

What does this mean? What is the MTHFR gene variant/mutation? Well long story short, I don't process folic acid properly, detox metals properly and well, there really is no short story to it. It affects my life in a lot of ways and makes me very susceptible to other painful & unhealthy issues.

We have a long road because this explains my sensitivity to well...everything. So while I need to add medications, I also need to take out medications, and I can only take out or add one...one at a time. I need to add about 4 supplements (so far) and get off/go down on 1 that is very high and dangerously hard to come off of. I also have even more food restrictions and it hasn't gone well with the current restrictions I already have. I will go all day without eating because the joy of eating has simply gone out the door. I will not eat before I eat something that I don't like, and that's not out of protest, it is just what happens. I don't enjoy food anymore. Period. 

Now if I eat meat it hast to be grass fed, no antibiotics, completely organic. $$ 😑😒 

We have a lot of adjusting, it's going to take a lot time, education, doctor visits, but I have a lot of hope.

*Prayers for health answers, have been answered.
*I finally have validation that it's not "all in my head"...and it isn't, at all! Which is why anti-depressants are ineffective for me.
*These aren't psychosomatic symptoms. I can finally stop second guessing myself.
*There is a way to manage, spread awareness and continue living my life hopefully feeling better than ever, because I have always had this mutation but have never treated it properly.
*I am very intrigued at what is next in life, after I can get some of these issues under control. 

Because I am still learning, here are some random facts I have come across:


  • I cannot have Niacin (I have a bad reaction...which I have known, but never knew why. Finding any Vitamin B supplements without Niacin can be a challenge.-
  • Nitrous Oxide is toxic to me (good to know!!)
  • Naproxen (Aleve) interacts with this mutation
  • It also makes me 50% more likely to have develop co-morbid conditions like migraines, hormonal issues, autoimmune issues, fibromyalgia, pain disorders, heart disease, depression, auto immune disorders, anxiety, digestive issues etc. (well, hello my life)
  • My body can't detox metals properly. I need to avoid things like aluminum, mercury, etc
  •  Also my serotonin function is 30% what a normal person should have. The serotonin should be helped with supplements like lmethelfolate, and she said eventually her clients definitely drop down if not get off anti depressants, and that is exactly what I want. 👍 Apparently because I don't have enough serotonin SSRIs can't help according to my doctor. There isn't enough serotonin to re-uptake.
  • Birth control, apparently reduce folate, which is not what I want.
Anyway... in other news...


February 13th is my Laparoscopy (to see officially diagnose & assess damage or rule out endometriosis) & Cystoscopy to do the same with Interstitial Cystitis. I've been diagnosed as best as I could be without any procedures of both, but now I'll be able to know. I am very very sacred. My do anything normal (and now I know why!). I'm worried about after the procedure. Russ goes back to work the 15th, it's supposed to be a simple procedure, but for me, nothing is just simple. I take much longer to recuperate. I will have 3 incisions on my abdomen, which healing from that will be painful enough. They said they may admit me for pain control after, but I have a feeling I won't get that lucky & I'll be sent home with meds that don't work & have to take care of myself. This is worst case scenario but I don't have a good track record with procedures.

So I will take some TV show suggestions, some...I don't even know! I wonder if I should borrow a walker, just to help me get out of bed and off the couch.....😟

It gets worse before it gets better, right? I've made it this far... 

Thanks again, for taking the time to read.💛

Jenny