Thursday, May 19, 2022

Holy Road Trip...What??

The chance to take a COVID safe road trip has fallen into our laps!! We get to "house sit" near the Atlantic coast this summer! (It still depends on Covid tests of the homeowners) A vacation!! BEACH! COVID safe!! A change of scenery! Another trip with the dogs?!? This felt like the •hardest• year of isolation yet. This trip is literally a mental health necessity right now. I need this SO badly. Russ, too. I know I’ll never recover from my dad’s sudden, unexpected death, but I’m truly struggling to recover from how my family shunned me at the funeral and are cutting me out completely...the massive rejection I’ve experienced... I've had suicidal thoughts again, first time in 5years...I've spiraled. I'm barely holding on. I'm on the verge of shutdown/burnout & my meltdowns are getting more frequent and gaining more power inside. This trip could not come at a better and more needed time. It feels too good to be true. Is this the Universe agreeing I'm definitely going to lose it if I don't get some time out of isolation? Crossing my fingers & putting all the good into the Universe that this will be able to happen!! The beach is my happy place.