Thursday, February 24, 2022

Grief & Psilocbin (Magic Mushrooms)

I’ve been afraid of developing (more) PTSD, because it isn’t necessarily the trauma, but lack of support after the trauma that can be more traumatic. Death is traumatic in nature & my dad’s funeral was so much more traumatic for me than it had to be. I didn’t want to risk any of the emotions getting stuck and mushrooms are really good for releasing stuck emotions. I asked around in the community & the consensus from those who tried was… it can be hard, but if helped set them on a healthier path of grief. So on 02-22-2022 I decided to take a deep dive into my grief with mushrooms.

Since I knew how important mindset & setting are, & I wasn’t in the best mindset, I made sure the setting was perfect. I set the beautiful flowers & plants I received in condolences for my dad all around the bedroom, had our multi colored bulbs turned to red lights, lit a few candles, had my giant rose quartz next to me with my EO diffuser diffusing lavender, a space heater & humidifier making it super cozy & warm, kinderlyte, Kleenex & of course the Bear Russ’ mom made me.

I made a playlist of my dad’s favorite songs that I remembered the most growing up, put one of my dad’s old shirts on, got under my weighted blanket with my bear & let the mushrooms & music guide me.

I was able to process & do some deep grieving. It’d come & go like it will in life. One song I was gleefully swaying back in forth to the music grasping the bear so tightly… the next song I’d still be grasping the bear, but I’d be crying so hard I couldn’t catch my breath. I felt my dad with me the entire time. It was all so incredibly healing. Obviously grief won’t be healed, ever… but I feel it course corrected my grieving. There was never a moment during those tears that I didn’t feel the universe’s love wrapped around me, consoling me. It was beautiful.

Some thoughts I had:

🌟     I have no regrets when it comes to my dad. I knew every interaction could be our last & I treated them as such.

🌟     My dad listened to songs on repeat, (as I do) & he lost both his parents around my age. I realized listening to them…he gave me a manual to grieve & connect with him through his favorite music. So many of his favorite songs were about loss and I had never fully listened to/felt their lyrics

🌟      My mom knows my dad & my souls are rare, I have already felt her soften towards me. I hope she lets me love her now, but I’ll be here as long as it takes. I got her, Dad.

It was beautiful…my own private memorial service. The first hour was the hardest, but once I got that deep soul crying out of the way, it freed up the rest of the night for my heart to connect gleefully with my dad’s spirit...and it did.πŸ„πŸŒŽπŸ’ž✨