Anyway, I've been wanting to write this blog post for a while, because it has helped me, personally in times of PMDD episodes, or panic attacks. I had heard about the medical benefits of Psilicybin (shrooms), and in there, they had a guide on how to prepare for a trip, and what to do if something goes wrong emotionally. This made me think...how you prepare for a "Trip" should be how you prepare to relax. If you're in the midst of PMS or panic, etc...you take the advice of what they tell you if you have a bad Psilicybin trip.
So I decided to make a guide for those who have trouble relaxing. As well as what to do when you are in a panic mode. I just think it could really help, it has helped me as well because relaxing "hypervigilance" makes it difficult. My body fights to not relax.
So here it goes, you are overwhelmed and you need some relaxation, it takes some preparation but it is WELL worth it.
To Relax:
Prepare/Environment
- Take
away cell phone access and access to internet through computers if you can. Encourage
yourself to write or type about your experience or thoughts. Bullet point journal. it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. Don't get overwhelmed with having to tell your diary the entire story (that happens to me). - Essential
Oils, diffusing them into the air so you just breathe them in. Lavender, Chamomile, sleep blends, anxiety blends. - Be in an uncluttered, comfortable room with a couch or bed or a familiar outside
setting. - Make sure there is a variety of soft pillows and
blankets and some sort of stereo system. - Your goal is to create and maintain a simple
environment that supports inner peace - Music is critical.
- Either headphones or a stereo system will work.
Focus on classical/light music.
Helpful tips for Panic Attacks
What to do during panic attack mode, how to pull yourself out of the mindset, or how someone with
you, can contribute to pull you out of the mindset. this is important for anyone that deals with some kind of mental illness that causes suicidal ideation, self hatred, harming themselves or others, etc.
If you're thinking about something that is stressing you out, stop and think to yourself "do I NEED to be thinking about this right now? Or is this something I can put aside in my mind to think about
later?" Most of the time it's something that can wait. One step at a time, one day at a time.
o
If I become persistent about going
online to post something, (even on a blog) I remind myself, others won’t understand and many
will not be interested. You can at the very least use your bullet diary later and work through it on a blog later.
o
If all else fails, all you need to do is remind yourself that
this is only temporary. 💗
I hope everyone is enjoying their 2018!
you, can contribute to pull you out of the mindset. this is important for anyone that deals with some kind of mental illness that causes suicidal ideation, self hatred, harming themselves or others, etc.
If you're thinking about something that is stressing you out, stop and think to yourself "do I NEED to be thinking about this right now? Or is this something I can put aside in my mind to think about
later?" Most of the time it's something that can wait. One step at a time, one day at a time.
o
If I become persistent about going
online to post something, (even on a blog) I remind myself, others won’t understand and many
will not be interested. You can at the very least use your bullet diary later and work through it on a blog later.
o
If all else fails, all you need to do is remind yourself that
this is only temporary. 💗
I hope everyone is enjoying their 2018!