Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23rd, 2016

I have been struggling the past month with some of my chronic pain. I often just tell people about my migraines and depression because usually those are the issues that overwhelm me the most. Lately however, it seems like everything is acting up. Before I get into my ailments, I do want to say that when Dan, Danielle, Lucas & Bonnie came into town, it was such a great time. Thankfully I just had my depression & migraine, and was able to handle and socialize for the most part. 

On to ailments, I know a lot of people think I am making things up, but since childhood I've had a lot of issues (anxiety and migraines as far as I can remember). This is what I deal with on a daily basis. Some things you may not know exactly what it is, and I have been diagnosed with all of this... and I think with a brief description it'll help my loved ones understand a little more. I will give a brief description. Or if anyone else suffers from similar ailments, I could use advice and to let you know you're not alone.

Chronic Migraines (no cure) (typical treatments have failed)

Pain areas: in the face or neck 
Pain types: can be dull
Headache: can be acute, frequent, severe, or throbbing
Whole body: dizziness, lightheadedness, or malaise
Visual: sensitivity to light, distorted vision, or seeing flashes of light
Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
Sensory: aura or sensitivity to sound
Also common: irritability, nasal congestion, or scalp tenderness

Interstitial Cystitis (No cure)
Also known as bladder pain syndrome, a chronic inflammatory condition where muscular layers of the bladder are broken down (basically bladder ulcers resulting in constant urgency and pain with other activities because urine can't leak to other organs, it's very dangerous. The medication was $400 a month. Can't afford it, however it is on the list to qualify for medical marijuana but the entire process costs about $600 which I also don't have.

PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) (cure is probably surgical menopause)
A condition in which woman have severe depression, irritability (worse than normal women), tension and I also get 4 day hormonal migraines as well. This is an allergic reaction to hormones or a hormonal imbalance.

Recurring Major Depression (no cure)   The last two years has been the worst episode I've had in a long time...and the PMDD makes it so much worse. Symptoms are:  No self worth, persistent low mood, suicidal thoughts, trouble doing simple tasks, no appetite, my old hobbies, I have no interest in.  This is another case where I've tried everything within my reach, again, traditional treatments don't help.

Endometriosis (expensive surgery)
Diagnosed at 15, it is a painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines your uterus, grows outside of the uterus causing extreme pain in the ovaries and cramping even more severe than normal and can also lead to infertility.

Gastroparesis
A disease of the muscles that control digestion and moving along food  basically paralyze to the digestion process. This basically results in food not digesting and I tend to throw up 12 hours later with food that should have digested 10 hours ago. The stomach isn't processing it and it has to go somewhere so it comes back up.

IBS w/ Constipation
I also have IBS w/constipation, of course tension headaches as well and constant back pain. Why do I have to have all of these ailments? It was such a horrible weekend I just laid in bed begging God to just put me out of my misery. It was so absolutely beautiful outside and I totally missed out. One or two of these ailments are overwhelming as it is but all of them at once? 


When I go see the clinic doctors they don't take any of my issues seriously. I'm "too young" to be in so much pain. I just want to live my life, feel well enough get a job, contribute to society, get married, travel,  be able to have children. Start my life....but it's just so damn hard and the depression just constantly guilt me and shame me, I wish I didn't have so many issues...

I can't keep going on like this. It's not fair to Russ, to have a partner that is always sick. It's not fair at all. I want us to get our life started, but with all these issues, I can't hold down a job and I so badly am getting baby fever which depresses me even more. I'm 30 and no where ready to be able to carry a child for 9 months, let alone be able to raise one with all these issues. I also worry these issues can be genetic and I never want to pass that down to a child.

I know some people reading this is against Medical Marijuana but I urge you to read a real non biased article. There are A LOT out there. It's not a gateway drug. If it is, so is alcohol. Not to mention alcohol has no medicinal benefits. Weed is much safer than alcohol and pills...and I'm willing to try anything.
Please be open minded. 

Thank you for reading this those of you that do. Sorry for the bummy entry...I'm just so frustrated with insurance issues, all these health issues...they're ruining my life and no one takes me seriously because I'm "too young to have so many issues". Yeah that's the point/problem...... They think I want attention or am making up. I just want to get on with my life so much. Find treatments...doctors that care, not just clinic doctors where it's a different doctor you see every time. Ok, enough venting. I apologize.


Sincerely,

Jenny