I see these memes that say "what if depression was treated like a physical illness" or any invisible illness? Days like today it really makes me think. I know when people have an illness sometimes they just don't know how to handle it, and that's okay. I don't know how to handle it and I live it. Some days are far worse than others. Those days I wish I could just have more resources at an instant. If a physical illness gets worse you go to the hospital, they help treat symptoms. You could go to a hospital for depression too, but in my honest opinion, no dogs, cold environment...that's no place for people suffering from depression. If you say you have a bad day, some great people will support you and do what they can, but more often than not people will roll their eyes, and just avoid you. Those with an invisible illness shouldn't have to feel that shame, or feel like they have to constantly justify the way they feel when they don't know themselves. Sometimes these days just get the best of me I guess.
I wish the world had a better grasp on the chemicals in our brain.