Sunday, April 11th, 2015 the whole world lost an amazing inspirational, positive and upbeat friends. I am confident she is up in Heaven in bright pink glitter wings watching down on all of us, but for selfish reasons, I wish I had on more time to talk to her, to hear her laugh and to continue reconciling our friendship. The end of high school I got a new friend group, and being a high school brat I probably wasn't nice. After college, we went our own separate ways. She married someone in the military (Tanner) and together they created two beautiful children, Jacob (5) and Aubree (3).
I am so glad she is out of pain and I know God is watching over Tanner, Aubree and Jacob. I can't help by be selfish to y grief. I just wanted to have once conversation with her, although the last one we had was out of the blue and completely inspirational. As we all know how positive and inspirational she was. Going through what I'm going through is nothing to what she had been battling, yet she still made time to try her very best,up my spirits and pray for me. I wish I didn't miss out on the years we did. Again.
I believe however, that God takes the good ones, to relieve he suffering of our earthly world and bring them to paradise. Lord knows between her faith, uplifting spirit and the pain she was in, it was time for her to go to Heaven. Again though, the guilt I feel for high school shenanigans, this past year I was really glad to reconnect with her. Sending her cards as often as possible to show despite the bratty high school person I was, I still loved and cared about her deeply.
I also feel hurt for her family, whom for years treated me like a part of theirs. I practically lived there for 3 summers, dinners, boat rides, swimming. What an amazing family she has which is why in no doubt in my mind she turned out to be the woman was. Oh how I miss jumping on the trampoline for hours, the boat rides looking for hot "life jackets" as we called cute boys so her parents wouldn't catch on we were look at the boys (though I'm pretty sure they got the hang of it considering half the "life jackets" weren't wearing any.
Swimming and pretending we were mermaids, which we both got from her cousin Michelle...and the delicious Ribs her dad would prepare on summer evenings. I loved those summers, now even more so, wishing I could go back for just a day.
School years we would pass notes talking about boys we had crushes on. We had notebooks we'd exchange and it was the highlight of Jr. High. Not to mention our trips to the mall and of course our season passes to Great America. Dawn, Pam and I were the three Amigos, inseparable. Between Dawn's house and Pam's house, I lived there. We'd camp out in Dawn's backyard, make scary movies with her step-brother Rob. Not a care in the world.
Pam you will be forever missed. You have inspired me to strengthen my bond with my relationship with God and other people. I want to inspire others like you through your spirit that I know lingers in everyone who truly cares for you and misses you dearly. My heart goes out to to Tanner, Aubree, Jacob, Teri, Randy, Brian, Eric, Samantha, Michelle, Charm, Matt and all her friends. Remember: it's not goodbye...it's see you later...
Fly my Angel....in your hot pink wings.
Some pictures to tribute from our fondest memory below taken from Facebook....
Tribute to Pammie