This is proof just because things are open, it doesn’t mean places are safe. We are worse off now than when everything was closed down. What makes people think it’s safe? Texas Roadhouse checked for symptoms and sent the 3 employees that were infected, home, 12 days before the outbreak... but they likely were spreading it for about 2 weeks before symptoms showed up. This should be a wake up call. This is the *big* issue, so many, intelligent people aren’t seeming to understand.
‼️Just because you’re asymtomatic doesn’t mean you’re not going to spread it to others or aren’t about to become symptomatic. Wear a mask and distance, outside the home when people are around‼️
What precautions we take during this pandemic, how seriously we take it, affects other people, whether we like it or not, we’re making choices for other people’s lives and if you’re not masking or distancing, you’re making a really a shitty choice for everyone and possibly even yourself. Who wants to carry that on their shoulders?
People think, they’re healthy, they’ve got good immune systems (even though it’s still taken down healthy people), they think if they get it, they’ll be fine. These people should be *more* cautious because they’re more likely to be asymptotic and unintentionally spreading it. There isn’t an excuse for a healthy person to not wear a mask and distance in social situations. Unless people are getting instant tests & results right before they’re hanging out in groups, or have strictly isolated at least two weeks...mask and maintain distance. It’s really not hard to do. I’ve know, I’ve done it.
I hear a lot about how isolation causes mental health issues. I hoped this would open people’s eyes, if they can’t handle two weeks, they can’t fathom years. I really hope other people are recognizing their loved ones or someone who is homebound, and starts to keep in regular contact with them. I have had someone that has been regularly checking in with me...and we have become a lot closer and it’s meant so much to me. When they reach out, I can’t tell you how much it makes my day. 🥰
We still want to be thought of....we still want to socialize. We still want company. 💜