Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24th, 2013

It's Sunday. Possibly my favorite day of the week. Laundry is usually out of the way by Saturday nights (thanks to a special someone) and Sunday leaves nothing but sleeping in, lounging around, Church (depending if we go Saturday night or Sunday) a single delicious meal, and the best shows on TV.

I don't think I need to explain the sleeping in and lounging around part. I usually use Sundays to catch up on any shows I was too busy or too tired to watch during the week. I love watching TV. I am lazy... there is no questioning that, however being lazy, I could easily enjoy movies just as much. But, TV shows win my heart over more. With a movie, after a few hours it is either good or bad and generally if it is mediocre, you tend to forget about it. Whereas TV you may have an amazing episode, but the writers need to figure out how to keep it amazing. They need to figure out how to keep the audience interested week after week, not to mention continuing character development season after season. I love seeing how the story lines play out. Movies, even after the "happy ending" or horribly sad endings... I always want more. I always wonder, well...what's next? TV gives me the next. 

Now, I still do enjoy the occasional movie, I just enjoy TV more. We have happy moments, we have devastating moments...but they aren't endings. Such as in life. When TV series ends, it is rare that I am sad (except Veronica Mars. Yay for the movie!) but generally good series just stick around too long so I am not sad when they end (which Sons of Anarchy is nearing, though this season has been great). Cable shows are certainly the top tier in quality TV with their more lenient story lines, graphic content, better research and accuracy, etc. I also enjoy the less accurate network shows, not to mention some mindless entertainment shows. A show has to be really awful for me to not watch it. There are few shows I watch live, the rest can stay on the DVR for as long as until I am in the mood for them. If I don't touch them after a month, they get deleted and go into the vault of shows I'll catch up at a way later time. The shows I watch live (by live I mean 15 minutes into it so I can fast forward commercial breaks) are: The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Bones (not a common favorite but I love the dynamic between Emily Deshannel & David Boreanez, not to mention am fascinated by the idea that you can solve a murder just by looking at bones),The Following, Homeland, Hannibal, & The Bridge. You'll notice none are comedies. This is because comedies rarely have cliffhangers that keep me on my toes. I have my fair share of comedy love, however drama or dramadies are my absolute favorite. Moving on... 

On the weekends, Russ's family eat one meal. When I first started coming around I wasn't a fan of it. My stomach would be rumbling by noon and I'd still have at least two hours until we ate, if not more. Now, I've gotten used to it. Though occasionally I still need a bowl (or two) of cereal in the morning, I have gotten used to it and have grown to love one meal days. This is mostly because the Russ and his mom are both amazing cooks and it is usually him or his mom cooking.. and sometimes both! I am getting hungry now just thinking about it. They both prepare nothing short of delicious and amazing meals. We eat well, that's for sure!

Then Sunday night comes, which happen to have a lot of my favorite shows on. Currently these are: The Walking Dead, Homeland, The Mentalist (which is nearing the series finale), and Revenge (but I usually wait until the next day to watch that). 

Watching these shows before bed is the best way to conclude my favorite day of the week. As long as it doesn't cause me to dream about zombies. Which...has happened before but I happened to have been in a migraine/insomnia infused/marathon watching The Walking Dead. I do not recommend this. Well, Happy Sunday everyone!